Individual Services for Residents

caMattersonline provides taxation Services to Salaried Individuals, Freelancers & Consultants & Sole Proprietors.

Services Provided are:

  1. ITR filing, ITR revision
  2. Reply to Income Tax Notice u/s 143(1), 144, 200A and Order u/s 245.
  3. File Rectification u/s 154
  4. Assessments & Appeals – Filie appeals in Tribunal in Maharashtra
  5. Advance Tax Compliance for Freelancers
  6. File 26QB on Purchase of Property above Rs. 50 lakhs & Issue TDS Certificate to the seller.

List of Documents required for Tax Filing in India. The list differs on case to case basis, hence it is better to get in touch with us directly for consultation.

  • PAN number

For Salaried Employees

  • Form-16 issued by your employer

Documents related to interest income

  • Bank statement/passbook for interest on savings account.
  • Interest income statement for fixed deposits.
  • TDS certificate issued by banks and others.

Form 26AS

  • Form 26AS is a summary of taxes deducted on your behalf and taxes paid by you. This is provided by the Income Tax Department.
  • It shows details of tax deducted on your behalf by deductors, details on tax deposited by taxpayers and tax refund received in the financial year. This form can be accessed from the I-T Department’s website.

Section 80 Investments

  • Section 80C investment documents. Investment made under PPF, NSC, ULIPS, ELSS, RGESS qualify for deductions under Section 80C.

Keep these documents at hand to claim the following expenses as deductions –

  • Your contribution to Provident Fund
  • Your children’s school fees
  • Life insurance premium payment
  • Stamp-duty and registration charges
  • Principal repayment on your home loan
  • The maximum amount that can be claimed under Section 80C has been changed to Rs.1,50,000 in FY 2014-15 from Rs.1,00,000 in FY 2013-14.

Other Investment Documents

  • Interest paid on housing loan. Interest on housing loan is eligible for tax saving upto Rs 2,00,000. This is for a self-occupied house.
  • Education loan interest payments.
  • Stock trading statement. The stock trades that were made during the year may be taxed under Capital Gain.

Due Date for filing Income tax Return

Due date of e filing income tax return is 31st July 2016.

Take note of the following dates to make sure you don’t miss any of the other important tax return-related deadlines.

15th June

  • First instalment of Advance Tax for individuals and corporates

31st July

  • Income tax return e-filing due date for individuals

15th September

  • ​​​Second installment of advance tax for the assessment year 2017-18

30th September

  • Income tax return filing for the assessment year 2017-18 for companies.
  • Income tax return filing for the assessment year 2017-18 for taxpayers whose books of account are required to be audited.
  • Income tax return filing for the assessment year 2017-18 for working partner (of a firm whose accounts are required to be audited).

15th December

  • Second instalment of advance tax for the assessment year 2017-18

Contact Us

Please wait...

Subscribe to our newsletter

Want to be notified when our article is published? Enter your email address and name below to be the first to know.